Monday, August 9, 2010

Our Second Ramadan Craft

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

This is really something that mum will have to do *smile*.  It is more of a decoration for the little ones to enjoy but the actual painting would be a job for an older sibling or parent. Also, markers and crayons can easily substitute the paint insha'Allah. This would allow the little ones to make the poster themselves insha'Allah.

Because the poster from this post was (and alhamdulillah still is) enjoyed so much, I decided to do one for Ramadan. I was really pleasantly surprised how the different ad'iya are so easily memorized using this format alhamdulillah (I had forgotten how much toddlers enjoy opening/lifting flaps).

'Ramadan Mubarak' is written with glue and then glitter was sprinkled over it and left to dry.

Since one of the first things children should learn to say is the Shahada, that is one of  our goals for this Ramadan insha'Allah. When the child opens the door to the masjid, he/she will see the shahada and we will practice saying it each day biithnillah.

The "lights" in the windows of the masjid are simply yellow post-it notes taped to the back of the painting  - subhana'Allah, the many uses of the post-it note (smile).

So this poster will hang on the wall and insha'Allah, it will be a new part of our daily routine (i.e. using it to learn to say the shahada).

Ramadan is almost here insha'Allah! Are you excited?!

Enjoy insha'Allah!


2 comments:

  1. as salamu alaykum sister I would like to thank you for all the interesting posts for ramadhan, please include my daughters Iman and Zayneb for the draw.
    jazakillahu khayran
    Um Abderahman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

    Dear sis Um Abderahman, I want to make sure I understand you...you want your daughters to be entered for the Smart Ark Ramadan giveaway right? I'm asking b/c your comment is on the Ramadan craft post and not in the Ramadan giveaway post so I want to be sure to remember which number you are so when the draw is done, I will know which number your comment was. Whew! That was a mouthful!...lol.

    Tayyib, if I have it right then you're number 14 as you left your comment 3 minutes before Umm Muhammad (according to blogger). So that make sis Umm Muhammad number 15 insha'Allah.

    I hope I've done that correctly insha'Allah. Someone please correct me if I haven't *smile*

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam comments left on the blog, Anonymous posting has been disabled. Insha'Allaah, this will not be inconvenient to any of the readers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...